How to stop ScriptRunner for Jira script from running

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) January 12, 2020

Hi,

I'm using ScriptRunner for Jira for server.

I ran a script from the Script Console to send out emails, and it ran into a loop.  How do I stop the job from running? There is no cancel button in the Script Console.

Help appreciated!

Regards,
Marianne

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi Marianne, 

At the moment you cannot stop a script once you have started it. We have an improvement request for this here you can vote for/follow: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-3685

For sending emails there is a workaround.

If you put this around the logic that sends an email it should stop it once you disable the outgoing SMTP server:

import com.atlassian.jira.mail.settings.MailSettings

MailSettings mailSettings = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(MailSettings)

if( ! mailSettings?.send()?.disabled) {

//send email logic in here

}else {

log.error("Your outgoing mail server has been disabled")

}

Here is an example of a method that uses this logic if you need to see how it might be used: https://bitbucket.org/snippets/mclark_AV/jeGkLr/send-email-method-example-can-be-used-in

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Support 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomasz Bryła January 12, 2020

Hi @Marianne Lee (Nagarro) 

I'm affraid only way to do this i disable and enable scriptrunner again.

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) January 13, 2020

Thanks for the reply,  @Tomasz Bryła . I had disabled Outgoing Mail in the server setting, and the mails stopped after another 45min or so.  I'm not sure if that had any effect with the ScriptRunner job.

I suppose disabling / enabling the addon is better than having to restart Jira server which would be the last option.

But I still wonder, if there's any way to abort or interrupt a script while it is running.

Like Marina Veselić likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events