Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a the hidden Group field via a ScriptRunner?

Angela Deng September 17, 2018

So I am customizing fields under request types. But the Group field does not provide the Show action. 

Is there a way of me customizing that to Show with scriptrunner? 

My ideal scenario is to Show the Group field with the those preset values I have selected, in some sort of drop down form, in the create ticket window. Based from which of those Groups are selected from that preset value list, those selected will receive a notification that a ticket has been created. 

Anything ideas/ recommendation would help! Thank you!! 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi Angela,

Thankyou for your question.

I can confirm that unfortanetly it is not possible to dynamically show and hide fields on issue forms with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud. 

The reason that we are unable to provide this functionality in Jira Cloud is due to the fact that this requires server side validation on issue forms, which is what behaviours, provides in Jira Server.

However, due to the differences in the frameworks between Jira Server and Jira cloud it means that we cannot provide any server side validation in Jira Cloud.

You can find further information on the differences between the Server and Cloud versions of the plugins inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Angela Deng September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for the explanation, Kristian, this was helpful. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events