Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set issue security level depending on custom field condition?

Berry Kersten September 29, 2020

Current situation:

• ScriptRunner Post function 'Clones an issue, and links' used for cloning an issue from project X to project Y
  • In project Y the Security Level is automatically set to 'Internal'  (by using a the post function 'Set issue security level depending on provided condition" on the create transition)

Wish

• Set the Security Level based on a condition:
    • IF custom field in original issue in project X "'Set Reported Issue Public?" = "Yes", THEN set Security level to "Public"
    • IF custom field in original issue in project X "'Set Reported Issue Public?" = "No", THEN set Security level to "Internal"

Current implementation

I've the following condition

issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)*.destinationObject!(cfValues['Set Reported Issue Public?']?.value == "No"

However, I'm getting an error:

Script270.groovy: 1: expecting EOF, found '!' @ line 1, column 62.
   s(issue.id)*.destinationObject!(cfValues

Not sure how to implement the condition. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Hey @Berry Kersten, in this case, if you're accessing a custom field value from your project X within a post function in your project Y, the issue in Y would have an inward link to X. I would slightly change your condition code to something like:

issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.id)*.destinationObject*.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_<id>")).equals("No")

Even fixing it, I believe you will probably find some challenges to make it work. If I'm not mistaken, in the create transition, you will not have access to the linked issue object before it gets indexed.

Perhaps, as an alternative and way less painful, through the Clones an issue, and links post function in project X, in Additional issue actions, you can add the following snippet

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(sourceIssue).find {it.name == 'Set Reported Issue Public?'}

if (sourceIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cf).toString().equals("No")) {
issue.setSecurityLevelId(<id>)
}

I hope it helps,
IL.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events