Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set hyperlink in Jira Automation and Post Function

erika_zanoni February 22, 2021

Hi,

There is other way than this: 

• <a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.key}}</a>

for use the hyperlink of an issue?

For example I have an issue that have an Epic Link with another Issue, is possible to use the hyperlink for the epic and not only for the children issue? I have tried in this way:

<a href="{{issue.fields.customfield_10014.toUrl}}">{{issue.fields.customfield_10014}}</a>

but it doesen't work

P.S: customfield_10014 is the epic link of the issue

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi Erika,

I have not tried that before, but maybe try this:

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.customfield_10014}}</a>

Also, you do not need to tag adaptavist for Automation posts in Community is it is a different too. 

erika_zanoni February 22, 2021

Can I use this way to insert the hyper link in a String into a script?

at the end of the script I insert the String in a text field of an issue and an Automation send an email with this customfield in the body of the mail

something like that:

def text = "for the issue <a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.customfield_10014}}</a> you have to do......"

how to do something like that?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

I am not exactly sure of what you are expecting the output to be, but, yes, you should be able to do that - give it a try and see how it goes. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events