Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default value for custom field only on Create screen?

Elena Oleksenko November 8, 2017

I'm trying to use Behaviours plugin to set default value for some custom fields when create issue. 

I created Behaviour and added script

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def tasksFld = getFieldByName("Tasks")
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(tasksFld.getFieldId())
def defaultValue = """[Tasks|https://]""".replaceAll(/ /, '')

if (getFieldScreen().name == "RM CreateScreen 2.0") {
tasksFld.setFormValue(defaultValue)
}

but I did not get needed result - seems like condition 

getFieldScreen().name == "RM CreateScreen 2.0"

never works. It does not put value to field when issue created and screen "RM CreateScreen 2.0" is used.
Am I doing something wrong?
Maybe there is another method to restrict behaviours only for create issue operation? Or don’t overwrite the custom field if it already exists?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elena Oleksenko November 8, 2017

resolved with 

if (getAction()?.id != 1) {
return // not the initial action, so don't set default values
}
1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Hello, 

I guess the problem is with getFieldScreen().name == "RM CreateScreen 2.0". Are you sure that your create screen is called "RM CreateScreen 2.0"? You can verify it by logging the name of the screen in the behavour. For example you could add to the beginning of your behavour log.error("getFieldScreen().name") and have a look in atlassian-jira.log what the name of the screen is.

But do not do it. Better use another function which is getActionName(). This function always returns the transition name. In your case it will be "Create Issue". Try to replace your code with this one:

if (getActionName() == "Create Issue") {

tasksFld.setFormValue(defaultValue)

}

It must work. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events