Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to search issues using Scriptrunner Database Picker Field

I'm investigating using Database Picker fields from script runner to link with our other systems.  I have a field set up and am able to select and set values from the database fine.  This will be replacing a Text Field to enforce consistency with data input, and the database itself has ~600 entries that can change regularly, so don't want to manage a select field.

Anyway having set up the Database Picker field, I can see that the Searcher is set as "None" and when I click on the "None" the screen it takes me to informs me "There are no search templates for this custom field type." and I can't search based on this field in JQL.  Is this a limitation with the Database Picker of have I missed something when setting it up as looking over the instructions I don't think I missed anything?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I wonder if we could workaround the issue by having a custom scripted field that just returns the value of the database picker. We could then search on that.

Thanks for the suggestion Daniel.  It's taken a while for me to have a chance to look at it but I can confirm that using the resource to take the id value stored by my database picker field and then pull the friendly name from the resource I can store the values in a scripted field and search on that.

It's clunky but the main thing is that it works.

can you share how do you execute that? Thanks

The scriptrunner for jira plugin lets you define derived fields that are defined with a groovy script

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

74 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you