cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run different script file in same Worflow Post function

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Dear all,

I have a Worflow in Jira which is the same WF which is used by Jira Service Desk request for Adding a user and Adding new app.

In my Script Runner I have define 2 different files named accordingly AddUser.groovy and AddApp.groovy.

When the workflow goes to a certain transition, I am running a Post function custom script in which I was actually placing everything in same Inline code. That works.

But my idea is to split this 2 script in isolated files, but then how from the workflow I can specified to run the AddUser script file or AddApp script file ?

Is tehre a way to do this ?

regards

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

You could create yourself a utility class or one for each script

public class MyReusableMethods{

createUser(username){
//your code here
}
createNewApp(apppName){
//you code here
}
}

Then in your postfunction, you can just import the utility and call the methods

import MyReusableMethod

if(test){
MyReusableMethod.createUser(passingTheUserName)
} else {
MyReusableMethod.createUser(passingTheUserName)
}
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

No, a post-function can only run one script.

Either make two parallel transitions, or combine the scripts, adding logic that knows whether to do one part or the other.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Thanks for your reply.

For example I have a main script file which main.groovy as  below :

if (Test)
    myNewUser.Create()

else 

myNewApp.Create()

The Create() method of each object are in different script file which gets imported in main file using

import  main

The workflow will call the main file script but inside it will merge code from other file script.

Will it work that way ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events