Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate the value of a custom Checkbox field using Script Runner

Payal Gogia June 3, 2021

I want to populate the value of the Custom Field Checkbox using ScriptRunner. I got the solution for doing the same for Jira server but not getting any hint for Jira cloud. From API or other given examples, I am able to set the value of Checkbox (any value from the default list) but not able to add new values in the Checkbox List.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2021

Hi @Payal Gogia 

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the plugin cannot dynamically populate field values like it can in the server version can with the Behaviors feature. We do not have an alternative way to configure this in the cloud.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provides a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

However, You may vote for a Feature Request on this at, https://scriptrunner-for-jira-cloud.nolt.io/4  if you are interested.

I hope this will explains the question.

Thank you. 

Kind Regards

Kate

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/update-the-value-of-custom-fields-through-the-script-console

is a really basic example of how to set most custom field types, including checkboxes.  Note that checkboxes and multi-selects look pretty similar (as do select lists and radiobuttons).  It's because they're actually the same thing, just rendered differently!

Payal Gogia June 3, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your quick response. I went through think link, it suggests how to get this using jira server not cloud (script runner on jira cloud)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

There's a cloud version of it (which is a lot more simple, as you can feed it plain text rather than having to think about the type of field)

Payal Gogia June 3, 2021

If you are referring to default examples that are given then that one is actually setting a value from the predefined list and I want to add new values to that list.

If possible can you share an example with me to populate values for a checkbox or a multi-select

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events