Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make internal page link

Kiyosada Homma February 22, 2021

I'm currently trying to publish an article on a Portal Page using Confluence.

Sometimes the page gets too big and I'm trying to create a link within the page and jump to that content.

I'm trying to make a page jump using "Copy link to heading". In Confluence, clicking on that content will take me to the linked content, but if I do the same on the portal page, I'll get "Not Found We are having trouble finding that. Check the details and try again." ..

How can I jump within a page on a portal page?
ErrorStop.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
-@05 313\/3\7 March 11, 2021

I'm trying to figure out the same thing

Essentially, I'd like to be able to create custom-header-ids in markdown like...

## Here is my Section Header {#mySectionHeaderID}

Then a bunch of stuff related to this section...blah blah
And some more stuff

<further down the imaginary page I'd want to put a link back to the previous section>

[Section Name to display](#mySectionHeaderID}

<which of course jumps the user back up to that section of the page>

not to mention these other features in Markdown...

: foot notes

: prettified links (where you don't put the link in line, but instead somewhere else in the page but it's not visible to the user)

I'm sure that I am missing many other great markdown features. I just don't know where to find out what features are supported in Jira/Bitbucket Issue templates.

I'd very much appreciate anyone pointing me in the write direction. Even if it's using HTML to achieve the desired result, which I haven't tested yet, but will report back.

Here's an example page that has a "custom-header-id" that takes you to what I'm describing

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events