Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install a web fragment into a transition screen?

Brian Ho May 7, 2021

I'm trying to insert a web panel into an issue transition screen. In the Web panel settings, there's a location field to set. I can't seem to figure out what the location should be.

image.png

Does anyone have a means to find that location?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

I don't think there is any web-fragment location that you can bind a web panel to in a dialog.

I think the best hack I can think of to add a webpanel-like element on a screen dialog would be to use behaviour and use setHelpText() on the last field in the screen and put your html in the helptext. You would have to override the style to not have the red-color.

There may be limitations as to what html can be inserted there. 

Ajinkya Paradkar June 30, 2022

Hi Peter , 

I have another requirement where , I need to create a shortcut link to "Create Sub-Task" feature in Jira and insert the link in one of the transition screens.

Any idea if this can be achieved in Jira or through any third party add ons.

Thanks,

Ajinkya

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Like my earlier response, you can only do that with behaviour.

Behavior setHelpText and setDescription support full html, so you can post a link.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events