Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Project Key from the ProjectUpdatedDetailedChangesEvent

Christopher Gervais April 21, 2023

I have a listener on all my Jira project on a change of Project Name.

So I'm using the event ProjectUpdatedDetailedChangesEvent

Ihave no problem finding if the project name have change, but there is no attribute in this class to know what is the name of the project. How can I get the project where the change have been made? Is there a way to get the Key?

Am I looking correctly? This is the class im referring to :

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/event/ProjectUpdatedDetailedChangesEvent.html

PS : Im using Scriptrunner in Data Center

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Christopher Gervais 

Instead of using ProjectUpdatedDetailedChangesEvent, why not just use ProjectUpdatedEvent?

The ProjectUpdatedDetailsChangedEvent will not be able to provide you with the required information you are looking for because that event is configured only to return boolean results to verify if there has been any change made to the project properties, which you can see in the Jira Api doc link that you have shared. You can only obtain Avatar and Source Type details when using the ProjectUpdatedDetailsChangedEvent.

Instead, if you use ProjectUpdatedEvent, you can do basic logging if any change has been made to the project's attributes. 

You can retrieve the project's old attributes (i.e. for its last attribute before the change) and its current attributes. In this case, the Project's Key and Name and compare the changes made.

Below is a sample working code for your reference:-

log.warn "=======>>> Old Key: ${event.oldProject.key}, Old Project Name: ${event.oldProject.name}"

log.warn "=======>>> Current Key: ${event.project.key}, Current Project Name: ${event.project.name}"

Below is a screenshot for your reference:-

listener_config.png

The code basically prints out the old project key and name along with the current project key and name. From the result, you will see the differences made to the project.

Below is a screenshot of the sample output produced:-

Screenshot from 2023-05-02 16.00.13.png

I hope this helps to answer your question. :-)

Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram

Christopher Gervais May 4, 2023

Thank you Ram! I will use this solution but at first I was trying to find a way with the other event to limit the number of runs the listener will launch

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events