Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Last attachment of an Issue with Rest API

erika_zanoni February 18, 2021

Hi guys,

I have a scriptrunner post function that get the list of the attachment of an issue, and I need to take the last added attachment and read the content. The problem is that I don't know ho Jira organize the attachment and the script not always get the last Attachment.

I use a For Cicle to get all the attacchment and I use the lenght of the attachment in the issue(minus 1) to get the last one attachment, but the last one that resti api get is not the last one In order of date I have added.

This is my code:

def result2 = get('/rest/api/2/issue/FWT-307?fields=attachment')
.header('Content-Type', 'application/json')
.asObject(Map)
Map mappa = result2.body.fields as Map
logger.info(mappa.attachment as String)
def attLenght = (mappa.attachment as Map).size()

if(attLenght > 0 && attLenght <= 30){ 

mappa2 = (mappa.attachment as Map).get(attLenght-1) 
logger.info("MAPPA2"+ (mappa2 as String))
idCSV = mappa2.id as String

logger.info(mappa2.id as String)   
logger.info(mappa2.content as String)
contentCSV = mappa2.content as String

with this logger.info at the end I check that I don't get the Last Attachment i have added but another Attachment, I don't know how Jira organize the Attachment Order.

How to get always the last Attachment order by Date?

Thanks

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Erika,

I can confirm if you log out the whole attachment object which in your script is called mappa2 that you will see that each attachment has a property on it called created which shows the date the atatchmnent was created (added to the issue).

This means in your code you need to write some logic to get the cretaed properties for all the attchments and then to only read the attachment which has the most recent created date.

I do not have an example of how to do this myself, but you will use this information above as a reference guide to help create the script that you require.

Kind Regards,

Kristian

erika_zanoni February 18, 2021

Hi Kristian,

thanks for the answer I will try.

Do you know in which way jira order the attachment? because they are not ordered by date and also not by name

Thanks

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Erika,

I am unable to say what order Jira stores the attachments in as this is handled by Jira itself and I would advise raising a support ticket with Atlassian to ask them this question as they should be able to advise on this.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events