How to fast track an issue on creation without using scriptrunner builtin script?

Roberto Saltini October 8, 2016

I have placed the following code in the Create post-function after the "Issue Created" event is fired:

def IssueService issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def actionId = 11

IssueService.TransitionValidationResult transitionValidationResult = issueService.validateTransition(
        user,issue.id, actionId,new IssueInputParametersImpl([:])
)

if(! transitionValidationResult.errorCollection.hasAnyErrors())
{
    issueService.transition(user,transitionValidationResult)

}

However, the validateTransiton call returns the following error.

Errors: {}
Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Planned) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TASKTEST-28). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]

Note, that all of the conditions and validators are satisfied after the issue is created.

Whereas, the above code works fine if I place it somewhere else like in a IssueUpdated event listener 

Thanks.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Roberto Saltini October 10, 2016

Hi Thanos, I will give a try to TransitionOptions.The script runner Fast-track transition works fine.

Regards

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

Hi Roberto,

Did you check your logs for any more informative error messages ?

I would suggest to try use TransitionOptions (and skip any validators, conditions etc) during the the transition

Also did you try to use script runner's built in  Fast-track transition an issue and it failed (I see that you mention "without using sr built in script" but if with the built in script does not fail this may give us a clue) ? 

regards, Thanos

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events