Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to copy collection (select, multiselect, radio) values into sub-task(s) within a post-function? Edited

I've created a post-function that creates sub-tasks based on checked checkbox values in a transition screen. As part of the sub-task creation, I want to copy all relevant parent fields into each sub-task. It's working fine for simple values, but I've been unable to copy selected values from select/multiselect/radio elements from the parent into the subtask. 

Not only have I been unable to figure this out thus far, I can't find a wholly relevant example to refer to.

This works for a simple field:

emailAddressField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Email Address")
emailAddressValue = emailAddressField.getValue(issue)

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().with {
addCustomFieldValue(emailAddressField.id, emailAddressValue)
}

But this doesn't work for a select element:

inquiryTypeField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Inquiry Type")
inquiryTypeValue = inquiryTypeField.getValue(issue)

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().with {

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue );

}

The error on the latter is groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.addCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (String, ArrayList) values: [customfield_10207, [My Value]]

Any feedback or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I haven't worked with IssueInputParamters much ... but based on the method description it looks like it expects only string values (and multiple arguments if you have multiple values.

Try this for a single select

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue.optionId.toString() );

Or this for a multi-select

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue*.optionId as String[] );

Peter-Dave, thanks so much!! The code for the single select threw an error: {customfield_10207=Invalid value '[10448]' passed for customfield 'Inquiry Type'. Allowed values are: 10448[My Option 1], 10450[My Option 2], 10446[My Option 3]

However, the code you provided for the multi-select worked like a charm for both single- and multiselects. Your assistance is immensely appreciated!

So, the following does work for both select types and radio buttons. I've also found that removing the asterisk from the final line works for single select items.

inquiryTypeField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Inquiry Type")
inquiryTypeValue = inquiryTypeField.getValue(issue)

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue*.optionId as String[]
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is now in open beta

We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...

463 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you