Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy collection (select, multiselect, radio) values into sub-task(s) within a post-function?

Douglas Johnson April 22, 2021

I've created a post-function that creates sub-tasks based on checked checkbox values in a transition screen. As part of the sub-task creation, I want to copy all relevant parent fields into each sub-task. It's working fine for simple values, but I've been unable to copy selected values from select/multiselect/radio elements from the parent into the subtask. 

Not only have I been unable to figure this out thus far, I can't find a wholly relevant example to refer to.

This works for a simple field:

emailAddressField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Email Address")
emailAddressValue = emailAddressField.getValue(issue)

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().with {
addCustomFieldValue(emailAddressField.id, emailAddressValue)
}

But this doesn't work for a select element:

inquiryTypeField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Inquiry Type")
inquiryTypeValue = inquiryTypeField.getValue(issue)

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().with {

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue );

}

The error on the latter is groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.addCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (String, ArrayList) values: [customfield_10207, [My Value]]

Any feedback or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

I haven't worked with IssueInputParamters much ... but based on the method description it looks like it expects only string values (and multiple arguments if you have multiple values.

Try this for a single select

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue.optionId.toString() );

Or this for a multi-select

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue*.optionId as String[] );
Douglas Johnson April 23, 2021

Peter-Dave, thanks so much!! The code for the single select threw an error: {customfield_10207=Invalid value '[10448]' passed for customfield 'Inquiry Type'. Allowed values are: 10448[My Option 1], 10450[My Option 2], 10446[My Option 3]

However, the code you provided for the multi-select worked like a charm for both single- and multiselects. Your assistance is immensely appreciated!

So, the following does work for both select types and radio buttons. I've also found that removing the asterisk from the final line works for single select items.

inquiryTypeField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Inquiry Type")
inquiryTypeValue = inquiryTypeField.getValue(issue)

addCustomFieldValue(inquiryTypeField.id, inquiryTypeValue*.optionId as String[]
}

Henry Lin July 28, 2021

hi @Douglas Johnson , I tried the code above, however multi-select value did not carry over to the new issue. We have a multi-select field ("Impacted Application/Service") on a close screen of projectA, when issue is closed, that triggers a new issue under ProjectB, and the goal is to carry the selected values of this multi-select field to the new issue on ProjectB. I think the missing part is getting all the selected values, I've tried impactedApplication.getValue(issue) or impactedApplication.getValue(sourceIssue); but none of the code worked. do you mind share your code? thanks! 

def impactedApplication = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Impacted Application/Service")
def impactedApplicationValue = impactedApplication.getValue(issue)

def issueService = ComponentAccessor.issueService
def issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().with {
addCustomFieldValue(impactedApplication.id, impactedApplicationValue*.optionId as String[])
}
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events