How to check the workflow's Post-Function & Condition in Bulk

Manu Mishra January 2, 2018

We have some workflow convention's for Post-Function & Conditions to be followed while creating wf. However there are multiple people working on creating the workflow's, so it's quite difficult to QC every single WF's that the conventions been followed or not. Therefore i am looking for some kind of scheduler or script function that will verify or match the convention and show the wf's that does not follow the convention. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Manu,

You can try with an standard unit testing framework using a rest client inside each test.

Manu Mishra January 4, 2018

@Gaston Valente it would be great if you could let me know the process as i am quite new in this. 

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Manu,

This is the way we usually do regression and unit test of jira workflows.

Jira provides a rest api that allows you to execute actions in jira, for example transitions.

When you execute a transition several things get executed:

- Validations

- Conditions

- post functions

You can use the rest api to query the jira instance and validate the execution and desired effect of the logic added to a workflow.

Here you can find the api for transitions:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-issue-issueIdOrKey-transitions-post

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-issue-issueIdOrKey-transitions-get

You can use a standard unit test framework to automate the execution or use a tool like postman.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events