Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if the value of a custom field has changed in behaviours

Gaurav Arora March 7, 2019

Is there any particular function for this or if anyone can provide a code for this.

Actually I have created a behaviour which will changes the value of a select list say 'CustomField 1' when we select a value in another select list say 'Customfield_2' on the EDIT screen.

But this behaviour is getting executed every time I update something on that screen.

So, I want to add a condition in my code that whenever I change the value of 'Customfield_2' only then the value of 'CustomField 1' should get changed.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

Hello @Gaurav Arora 

So, I want to add a condition in my code that whenever I change the value of 'Customfield_2' only then the value of 'CustomField 1' should get changed.

This is how the behaviour plugin is supposed to work and if it's updating the field every time you update anything on the screen then it means that you might have not configured the behaviour correctly. Please share the snapshot configuration of the behaviour.

Tanu Ranjan Bharadwaj March 7, 2019

Hello @Tarun Sapra ,

I am also facing the exactly same issue. I am attaching the script. 

Gaurav Arora March 7, 2019

Hi @Tarun Sapra ,

The above script provided by @Tanu Ranjan Bharadwaj is same as mine at least 90%.

If you can help on this one, it will solve my query too.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2019

Hello @Tanu Ranjan Bharadwaj 

Can you please add some logging. Because with logging we can be sure as to whether the script is actually getting triggered or not and debugging it will also become very easy.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events