Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the "Time Logged" field via groovy?

Roberto Saltini December 2, 2016

Hi,

For some reason (potential workaround for issue described here ) I would like to be able to change the "Time Logged" field.

I have been able to change the "Time Logged" field only via the MutableIssue.store() method, but neither by using the IssueManager.upateIssue() method nor the IssueService.update() method.

Obviously I do not want to use the MutableIssue.store() method because it has been deprecated.

Any hint? 

MutableIssue.store() - Works

IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
MutableIssue issue = issueManager.getIssueObject("TASKTEST-315")
ApplicationUser user =  ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();

Long val = 3600 * 4

issue.setTimeSpent(val)
issue.store()

IssueService.update() - Does not work

ApplicationUser user =  ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();
IssueService issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()

Long val = 3600 * 4

IssueInputParameters inputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters()
inputParameters.setTimeSpent((Long)(val/60))
IssueService.UpdateValidationResult validationResult = issueService.validateUpdate(user,issue.id,inputParameters)
issueService.update(user, validationResult)

IssueManger.updateIssue() - Does not work

Long val = 3600 * 4

issue.setTimeSpent(val)
issueManager.updateIssue(user,issue,EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED,false)

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2016

I usually use IssueManager.updateIssue(), but it is better to use this one because it is compatible JIRA6 and 7:

ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(
        ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
        , issue
        , UpdateIssueRequest.builder().eventDispatchOption(EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED).sendMail(false).build()
)

Also check that you have permission to log time?

You could get more information about errors into atlassian-jira.log.

Roberto Saltini December 3, 2016

Hi Vasiliy, thank you for your answer. I tried the code that you suggested, but it did no work. As per my original post, the only method that I have found being successful so far is MutableIssue.store(). The code that you suggested works fine if I want to change other fields (e.g. summary), but it does not work when I want to change the "TimeSpent" (TimeLogged) field.

I have checked and verified that I have the permissions to log time.

Neither atlassian-jira.log nor catalina.out report any error when I execute your code.

Thanks.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2016

Could you check as admin that you have a permission to log time for issue?

0 votes
Massimiliano Mauri July 11, 2019

Hi. Same problem and same solution (use deprecated issue.store() methos)
Any news?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2019

You should use this instead of issue.store():

ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(
        ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
        , issue
        , UpdateIssueRequest.builder().eventDispatchOption(EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED).sendMail(false).build()
)
0 votes
Andrey Minov May 18, 2018

Was there any solution? I am having the same problem with "Time Logged" changing.  issue.store() works fine, but it's depricated.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events