How to build groups in a Jira Structure by using a scripted field from ScriptRunner?

Günter Halmans March 3, 2020

We use Jira Structure as well as Jira Scriptrunner. In a specific structure I would like to build groups using the data of a scripted field (issue picker) which I have defined with Jira Scriptrunner.

It is possible to use the issue picker field in a column of the structure. Very good.

But it seems to be not possible to group using this field. When I use the criteria "Text attributes..." and there the issue picker field, the groups are build, but in the "summary" of the group some internal informations are presented: "IssueRefJsonBean[id=266203,key=AAA-111,self=..."

How can I avoid this somehow cryptical informations and get only the summary and key of the issue from the issue picker?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

Günter

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Hi Guenther,

This must be because of the format of the field. One thing you can try is:

When grouping by Text Attribute, first select to group by the field in question, then switch to group by Manual Specification (this way, specification for the field will be already there). In the specification, change format from text to html. This may help, but may actually produce a long html string that should be parsed afterward - let us know (maybe better through support@almworks.com) and we'll help you parse it. 

We are planning to improve working with html-based fields, but for now, some workarounds are required.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Lee Cash August 5, 2020

I was just wondering if there was any further information on how to parse this html string? 

I'm trying to group be an issue picker. I've followed the steps I can find and I'm not sure what to do next with this unwieldy chunk of html.

groupbyissuepicker.JPGThanks in adavnce, 

Lee 

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

Hi Lee,

I would need to see the full content of the field to suggest how to parse it. Basically, you need to search for a unique element preceding the text value (using SEARCH function) then search for the element following the value (sometimes you need to use the first result as a starting point for SEARCH function).

Regards,
Egor

Lee Cash August 6, 2020

Hi Egor, 

Many thanks for your response. 

The issue picker is populated by a simple JQL "project = XXX and type = Hypothesis". 

We are assigning one or more Hypothesis values to our epics and would then like to group these epics by these hypothesis. 

There are (currently) 21 results returned by query, though this number is expected to increase over time as we identify more hypotheses.

I'm not sure how to perform this SEARCH function. Perhaps I can contact you at servicedesk@almworks.com for more assitance? 

Kind regards, 

Lee 

Lee Cash August 20, 2020

I'll try service@almworks.com.

Lee 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2020

@GuenterH 

Please use support@almworks.com (or, alm.works/support)

-dave [ALM Works]

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2020

Hi @GuenterH 

My first thought is to create a scripted field representation of just the issues key from your Issue Picker field (or issue summary or combination). 

But in my test environment, I can't seem to be able to group by any scriptrunner field (not the issue picket and not a test custom field).

Perhaps we have a different version of jria/scriptrunner. Mine is a bit old.

Maybe this idea can work for you regardless.

But ALM Works and Adaptavist are pretty good partners, if you make the suggestion/request to ALM Works that you want to be able to group by this field, they might be willing to enhance/fix structure to support this use case.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events