Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate creation of behaviours?

gesundes February 8, 2021

Hi there. I found a really useful article about the creation of scriptrunner script plugin. But there is no example of how to create behaviours automatically via a code.

Could someone provide an example or at least point me to the documentation where it's described?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joanna Choules
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi,

There is currently no public Java API for the programmatic creation of Behaviours. However, there is a REST API: it is primarily intended to help users migrate their existing behaviours from one instance to another, but it also allows for the creation of new behaviours from scratch.

Joanna Choules, Adaptavist Product Support

gesundes February 8, 2021

Thanks a lot, Joanna!

I'll try to use REST API and will ask more questions if any if you don't mind.

Joanna Choules
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

I'm glad I could help! Yes, please do feel free to ask more questions here, or over at our support portal.

gesundes February 9, 2021

@Joanna ChoulesI use ScriptRunner version 5.6.14.1-p5. Could you please clarify is it supports POSTing of behaviours via REST API? When I try to do that I get this error message: "The requested URL returned error: 500".

gesundes February 10, 2021

It was an issue with XML formatting. Symbols that can be replaced with  HTML symbols like quotes and new lines must be replaced.

I started to use a code placed in files instead of directly written in UI.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events