Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom field which says Yes or No if...?

Sysad April 8, 2020

Hi

I would like to add a scripted custom field with dropdown options Yes & No. I want the scripted field to check for attachment(s) in an issue and set custom field option as yes if there are attachments, else No.

What is the best way? and I have no experience in groovy and accessing attachments.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

Scripted fields do not have options, they calculate something and display it to the users.

Your desired behaviour is unclear to me, could you describe what the users will see (and do) without worrying about any part of the "how"?  What is the question you are trying to answer for your users?

Sysad April 15, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  As of now in Jira issue search navigator we don't see attachments and while JQL subscription it is hard for users to understand if there is an attachment to the issue or not. To solve this I was thinking to have a scripted filed to say YES or NO if there are any attachments or not and add this field to issue navigator and to JQL subscription

Sysad April 15, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Reason is, the set of users who receives email subscription will not have Jira access per business logic, hence a simple subscription which talks about tickets and say whether there is an attachment or not

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

Ah, I see.

I would go one step further than yes/no, and give your people even more information.

Try setting up a scripted field that

• Has a "number" or "number range" searcher
  • Has a "number" template as the scripted field output
  • Has a script that says simply the below:

return issue.getAttachments().size()

This will put the count of attachments in front of your people, so they can sort by it and your "yes" could be searched for with "number of attachments" > 0

Sysad April 16, 2020

Hi Nic,

The approach helps in solving my problem.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events