Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Limit an Event Listener to a Specific User Group?

Kai Lamberson October 29, 2020

Hello,

I'm sure this is relatively simple, but I've developed an event listener that sends an email when a user is added to a user group, however I want to limit the scope of this listener to only a specific group or set of groups.  What would be an example condition that would allow me to define that?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Lamberson October 30, 2020

Oddly enough, after taking a break from assembling the solution I was working on, I realized the simplicity of the answer.

event.groupName == 'groupname'

This is all that was needed in the 'Configuration and Condition' field to limit the event listener to only users added to that group.

Hopefully if someone else runs into this issue it helps.

Thanks

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Kai Lamberson 

In your code you can fetch the group name of a user by something like this.

ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().getGroupsForUser("user")

I hope it helps.

Ravi 

Kai Lamberson October 29, 2020

Hey Ravi,

Appreciate the quick response.  The case here is it's not associated with a specific user.  The listener is notifying us that a new user was added to a group using the GroupMembershipCreatedEvent.  I need to limit the scope to only send a notification if the group equals a specific user group(s).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events