Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I validate multiple components in a script?

Tim Perrault February 7, 2018

I have a behaviours script that will hide options in a multi-select field based upon what component is selected. 

My question is can I generate a map of options if two components or more are selected? (the third else if statement is my attempt ;( )

Below is the part of the code I need help on:

if (componentImpl?.getName()?.equals("component1")) {
def optionsMap = options.findAll {
it.value in ["option4","option6"] // list of options you want to show
}.collectEntries {
[
(it.optionId.toString()): it.value
]
}
selectList.setFieldOptions(optionsMap)
}

else if (componentImpl?.getName()?.equals("Component2")) {
it.value in ["option1","option2","option3","option4"] // list of options you want to show
}.collectEntries {
[
]
}
}

else if ((componentImpl?.getName()?.equals("Component2")) && (componentImpl?.getName()?.equals("component1"))){
it.value in ["option1","option2","option3","option4","option4","option6"] // list of options you want to show
}.collectEntries {
[
]
}
}

1 answer

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Try this logic on the last else if: componentImpl?.size()>1

This is assuming that the componentImpl holds the actual value of the Component System Field as an array.

What if you have more than 2 components and they have different options in the select list? The example would definitely work for two components, but not sure it would work with more than 2.

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

I would create multiple Lists (groovy object) to solve this. The first would be a cumulative List of options that will ultimately be rendered.

The other Lists would be options for each Component -- assuming they all could bring in different available options. Then, I would iterate through each Component entity value and use a Switch Statement to add the Component's option List if applicable to my cumulative List. At the end, toss out duplicates from your cumulative List. And eventually that cumulative List as my options to be displayed. 

Good idea! I’ll give it a try and report back. 

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events