Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I specify com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions in the CQL Macro?

Anthony Torrero Collins December 14, 2017

So for a number of reasons I don't want to use the out of the box results page that is bundled with the Confluence Questions plugin. I've found that none of the other macros that I have available to me will search Questions.

(Oddly enough, the LiveSearch macro does find them, even though there is no Questions type in the config dropdown).

The CQL Macro from Adaptivist showed promise. When I specified type = 'question', it returned this error:

Error rendering macro 'cql-search' : Unsupported value for type, got : question, expected one of : [space, user, page, blogpost, comment, attachment, com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:question, com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:answer]

Aha! Now just to figure out how to specify the class. When I try com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:question, though, it returns 'no results' -- even though there's 500 of them out there.

So, my question: How do I specify com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions in the CQL Macro? (or any plugin class object for that matter).

thanks,

Anthony

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Anthony Torrero Collins January 8, 2018

Hello (...hello. hello. hello. hello. ... --> sound of single pathetic plea echoing into the distance...

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hi Anthony,

I would suggest in your case that you use ScriptRunner for Confluence to create a custom CQL function that matches the question.

Alternatively, you can use a Search Extractor and map each of the questions with a specific index that can be fetched.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/confluence/SearchExtractors.html

Hope it helps.

Rafael

Anthony Torrero Collins January 8, 2018

Okay, thanks for the info! I'll take a look. I'm also going to see if I can register the Question type somewhere in the Confluence DB with a short name that will make it available universally.

thanks again

Anthony

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events