Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link duplicates of macros?

Carissa Chan August 28, 2021

I have a progress bar at the bottom of every sub-page, and I was wondering if there's any way to link the progress bars such that when one link is changed or removed, the rest will sync. Even though the step of the progress bar will have to be adjusted per page order, it would still save a bit of time if we could link changes across macro duplicates. Thank you in advance! 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hi Carissa,

Happy to help! Is this concerning the Confluence server site again, or is it Cloud? If you want an exact duplicate of a page section, you can use the Excerpt include macro.

I'm not clear what you're using to generate the progress bar. Is there an add-on that you're using? If you're unsure, please share a screenshot, and I can try to determine what add-on you're using.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Take care,

Shannon

Carissa Chan September 1, 2021

Hi Shannon,

I am using the Progress Bar container. For Excerpt Include, how does it know what to import from the other page? I noticed that it only displays the first heading. Thanks!

progress-bar-container.jpg

Carissa Chan September 1, 2021

@Shannon S , one more question, is it possible to include the CSS Stylesheet along with the content excerpt? Thank you! 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

Hi Carissa,

Thank you for letting me know. It looks like the Progress Bar container is something from Adaptavist's Content Formatting Macros. I've moved your question over to the Adaptavist collection so they can answer.

For your 2nd question, I don't think I understand the question, but it may also be because it's related to Adaptavist's macro. Are you trying to reference Confluence's CSS stylesheet using an Excerpt macro or the one you generated using the Adaptavist add-on? What do you need to do exactly?

Take care,

Shannon

Carissa Chan September 2, 2021

Hi Shannon,

I have a Progress Bar with an associated CSS Stylesheet I am trying to replicate and link in subsequent pages such that when I edit the links, color, etc., I won't have to go into every page and make the change. Hope that's slightly clearer!

Thanks,

Carissa

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2021

Hi Carissa,

In that case, it does sound like someone familiar with the Content Formatting add-on will need to answer, so I'll leave this in Adaptavist's collection so they can help you. Unfortunately, the features you're mentioning aren't native to Confluence, so I won't be able to assist you with this.

I recommend you also try raising a ticket with Adaptavist using their support portal:

Submit a Support Request 

I hope this helps!

Take care,

Shannon

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events