Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I deploy a Script Runner groovy script?

Deleted user September 28, 2017

I do realize that I can run it in the Script Runner console - and it does work as intended when running it there.

But how do I add it as a post function?

I don't think the documentation I've stumbled across so far covers this very well.

The use-case is:

When a user creates a new story in JIRA, a confluence page with the key + Task number(KEY-10) as a header is created.

How do I add that as a postfunction in the JIRA workflow? If there's a simple step-by-step guide somewhere.

Appreciate the help!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Edit the workflow, open up the transition you want to add it to, and go to the post-functions tab.

Click "add" to add a new post-function and you'll find a list of installed post-functions.  One of them is "scripted post function", which will take you to a second list of options, most of which are "canned scripts".  In that list there is one entry for "write your own", which will take you to the screen where you can enter the script (or path to a saved file)

Deleted user September 28, 2017

Not really sure where to take it from there. I can add a transition but nowhere does it mention I can run the Script Runner code. And the destination etc. isn't really relevant; i simply want to trigger this code whenever a new task is created?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

On the new transition, look at the "post functions" tab, and you'll find the option to add

When you go to add a post-function, one of the options on the list is a "scripted post function".  Select that and click next.

Now you get a list of pre-written scripts, but also one that says "write your own".  Select that and click next.

Now you have a screen where you can enter your script.

If you want this on a new issue, then add the post-function to the "create" transition.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events