Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i update the assignee from custom field with ScriptRunner Cloud?

Chris Gannaway July 16, 2019

I want to do this with a script listener, so trying to work out the functionality on the script console first.  We have a Dev field that has the assigned developer.  At certain work flows, I want to make the assignee of that JIRA the Dev resource.  Trying to find examples, but all I can find is for the server version.  I would appreciate any help you can give.  Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that we have an example post function script located here which shows how you can extract the value of a user picker field and set the assignee as the extracted user.

Using this script you just need to set the UserPickerFieldName variable to the name of your user picker field.

You will be able to modify this script to achieve your requirements using a Script Listiner configured to fire on the Issue Updated event. 

If you are using a different field type for the Dev field then you can refer to the examples for extracting custom field values in the documentation pages located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Chris Gannaway July 17, 2019

Thanks, works great from console, so I should be able to put it into a post function from there.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

Hi Chris,

I can confirm that this example code can be configured inside of a post function.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events