Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Create a JQL Filter Comparing Against An Issue's Due Date?

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

I have a filter that compares against a specifc date at the moment.

status was not in (Open, In Progress, "Awaiting Approval") on "2018/02/27"

I would like to use the due date of a specific issue (i.e KEY-1234) so that if the due date of the issue changes the filter will use this updated date.

Is this possible?

I have ScriptRunner and JQL Tricks plugins to use as well.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2018

I cannot find a way to do this with Jira, Scriptrunner, and/or JQL Tricks.  I will try to explain why I think that is first. When you're using a WAS clause, this is looking into historical data on issues in Jira.  This behaves a little bit differently than standard issues and their current values.

In native Jira, when you use the WAS parameter, you can then use the other time parameters such as ON, BEFORE, or AFTER.  But the problem here is that these have to be a specific date/time.  They cannot be a variable such as DueDate, Updateddate, etc.

The addition of these two other plugins can't change this fact.  Scriptrunner, does have a dateCompare function.  But in order to use this, you have to do so within the issueFunction structure. This does not afford its use within a WAS statement of JQL.  And we would still need some other date variable to compare it against.

What I think you are looking for here is really something that I think could be accomplished with a SQL query.  Which is why I am more inclined to suggest the use of the SQL for Jira Driver plugin,  I believe this plugin would then allow you to use more of a SQL syntax formatting in order to create a hybrid JQL/SQL query that might permit you to find these issues based on those values.  I am not positive this will work, but I think this is currently the best avenue for success here.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

Hi, many thanks for your investigation and great explanation. It makes a lot of sense and I'll have a look at the SQL plugin route.

Thanks again

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events