cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide fields for all users except few

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Hello All,

I want to hide certain fields from all users except certain users, I can do this using behaviours at the time of issue creation but I want to do it even after issue creation, meaning those field values should not be visible in issue details to anyone apart for exempted list of users.

Is it possible ? If so help me with some possible solutions.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Vishal ,

Unfortunately field level permissions don't exist in Jira.

A workaround might be remove those fields from the View/edit screen(s) and only show them on specific transition screens. Those transitions would then be blocked by workflow step properties to be only allowed by certain users/groups.

Besides that, you don't have any options to really hide fields based on users/groups. (that I know of)

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hey @Dirk Ronsmans ,

thought so, thanks for the workaround, let me see how can we accommodate it in original requirement. 

0 votes
tjwood November 21, 2022

Need this too. I have to hand-type a Confluence page list of every one of our Jira Issues (just the names of the issues, nothing else) for our internal customers to see because they're not allowed to see anything else and there's no way for me to set a view that only allows people outside our team to see just the issue names.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events