Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

[Groovy/Scriptrunner Listener] To create Subtask for each group in multiselect with validation

Hello, I need to create a custom listener that creates a sub-task for each selection in a multi-select group picker from the parent issue. Then it needs to validate that the sub-task doesn't already exist. If it does exist, don't create the sub-task (that way if the issue is transitioned around states it doesn't create new sub-tasks.) The reason it needs to create on update is that an issue may sit at one state and have multiple groups added to review the sub-task created.

So far I've created the script runner to create the sub-task upon addition of selection from the parent issue. 

all I have for "condition" is: 

//if no selection was made do not create subtask

cfValues['Sponsoring Work Groups'] != null

and for "additional issue actions" I have:

//create the new subtask with summary set to the sponsoring workgroup for ease of //tracking. (still needs to be resolved to string instead of immutablegroup reference sigh)

def (str) = cfValues['Sponsoring Work Groups']

issue.summary = str.toString()

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

481 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you