Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenhopper "Time Remaining" incorrect.

willem odendaal May 3, 2012

I've seen similar questions to this one, but none answer my question.

When I look at the Greenhopper Planning board, on the right hand side under the current Version it states that only 6h 11m of time has been spent out of 418 hours.

However, when I look left to the tasks, I can clearly see that about 80 hours have been logged when adding up the Time Spent displayed on each card.

Where does Greenhopper get its incorrect time spent calculation from?

UPDATE (Monday 07 May):

When I look at this page now the time spent only shows the hours I logged this morning, completely ignoring the previous time spent as per the previous screenshot. See new screenshot below.

Am I wrong in assuming there is something seriously buggy with how Greenhopper calculates the time spent?

PS: time version start/end date is from 20 March to 25 May.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Why is your start date for version 2 set to none in the gadget? I believe if you hover your mouse over the start date the edit icon should appear. Set your start date and then try refreshing your page. You might need to be an administrator to set date though.

Without a start date, each new day would be like a start date.

willem odendaal May 7, 2012

Awesome, thanks Norman. That was the problem. Didn't realize that would happen. I set my start date to the actual start date and the time now appears to be calculated correctly.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2012

I would guess that since most of your issues are in open state and only two are in progress state. So time spent are the ones marked in progress.

I've marked them as in-progress. No change unfortunately.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2012

Try logging some time now and see if it shows up or not. I am suspecting older time does not count.

For some unknown reason whenever I log time now, (even on "Open" tasks), the time spent is recorded correctly. So I have *no idea* why the time spent did not have an effect before.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2012

Interesting. What are your start and end dates set to?

My empirical experience has been time was only recorded in the gaget if in-progress state is set and the version is set.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH058/How+Hour+Burndown+Charts+Relate+to+Time+Tracking+in+JIRA

willem odendaal May 6, 2012

Please see my update to the question. Time calculation doesn't seem to make any sense at all. I think it's buggy.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events