Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global permission to retrieve all users via rest api not working (JIRA/Scriptrunner Cloud)

Cédric Cox March 9, 2020

Hello everybody,

As it is written in the JIRA rest api documentation, the following script should retrieve all the instance JIRA users:

def result = get("/rest/api/3/users/")
.header("Accept", "application/json")
.asJson();

To get it working, the documention says that the runner should have JIRA global permission "Browse users and groups" granted. The group in which the user belongs is jira-administrator, which has this permission.

However, when I run the script, I got a 403 error. If I add the "public" group to the "Browse user and groups" permission, it works fine. If a run the script as the scriptrunner addon user, I also get a 403.

I do not know if it is a JIRA/Scriptrunner integration problem , or just a JIRA rest api bug, so I submit this request to you hoping that someone can tell me more about this.

Thanks,

Cédric

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that the Get all users default Rest API which you are calling in your script as documented here is marked as Apps cannot access this REST resource.

This means that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is unable to call it and is why you are getting forbidden response when you make a rest API call to it as Atlassian imposes that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can only access the public rest API's which they mark as allowed to be used by Apps.

This means this is not a bug but is just a limitation of Jira Cloud where Atlassian mark this API as not allowed to be used by Plugins inside of Jira Cloud.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events