Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the Hour of field created - Using scritprunner

Yuri Sant'Ana April 9, 2020

Hi!

I need some help here. I'm trying to create a scripted field to show which work shift it was created. 

To do that, I need to get the hour of the field "Created"

Could anybody help me to develop the code?

I checked this post and saw how to get the full created date. But all I need is the hour.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Script-Runner-how-do-I-pull-Created-Date-information-from-an/qaq-p/4832

If an issue is created at 05:22AM, it should be "Shift1";

If an issue is created at 10:01AM, it is "Administrative Shift"

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that the best way to achieve your requirement would be to get the value from the created field as you have done and to save this value into a date variable inside of your script.

I can confirm that you would then be able to write some logic inside of your code to extract the hour from the date variable and the example located here shows an example of how to extract the hour from the current date.

Also I can confirm we have a code sample located here which can be run on the Script Console and shows how to get the hour an issue was created from the created field.

Once you have got the hour that the issue was created in your script then you could write some  if statements to check if the hour matches a specific hour and if it does add the code to set the field value to the value you require inside the If block.

These examples will be a good reference guide to help show you can extract the current hour out of the created date and to help create the script that you require.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events