Get and edit custom user properties (like "Favorite Color") in Cloud ?

Dylan Pokun November 26, 2020

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get and edit user properties (as defined here, not user profile) in ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud?

A script for Script Console would be very helpful but I would also be grateful for some documentation (for Cloud).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dylan

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020
Dylan Pokun November 26, 2020

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  and thanks for your answer!

I see that there's no "Apps cannot access this resource" so it should indeed work =), I should have seen that.

As for the use-case: When a user submits a request through the JSM portail, I need to get his properties (as an example: phoneNumber, computerId, proID... These are already added through an external batch to the user) and automatically fill the right fields in the created issue. 

I got a little lost in the documentation as I kept finding answers for the Server version, thanks for your help!

Dylan

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Dylan Pokun , you are welcome :) I can see that for your usecase it should be doable :)

Salim Hammar October 25, 2022

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

i would like know if can add a attributes the profile in crowd with script in jira ?

Thanks in advance

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

Hi @Salim Hammar sorry but I do not have any experience with Crowd. Maybe if you create new topic with better description someone can help...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events