Dynamic form as custom dialog

תהילה יששכר January 27, 2021

I want to create a custom dialog that display form.
how can I do that?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hi

This is a big question.
It's not very different than asking: I want to create a mobile app that will make lots of money. How can I do that?

This requires a fair amount of prior programming experience.

You can read this to get you started: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/fragments/WebItem.html#_dialogs_advanced

@Peter-Dave Sheehan thank you for reply
but what I mean is: can I had annotation as parameter (from dynamic form
like:
@UserPicker(label = "User", description = "Select a user")
ApplicationUser user)
and put it in my dialog(in my html string)?
and what is the type of annotation in groovy?

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

You can’t use the annotations there. 

You have to build your own html form using plain html.
But for the form to do anything, you will have to include javascript to tell it what to do. You may need to created some rest endpoint for your javascript to point to. 

@Peter-Dave Sheehan  I want my form (that opened from the dialog) to be like jira style(css) like "create issue" style.
or in other words to make form like "create issue" but with my own code and fields .

some help?

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

You can use the AUI design patterns already included in JIRA https://aui.atlassian.com/aui/9.2.0/docs/forms.html

For example, in your dialog html, include a form like this

<form class="aui top-label">
<fieldset class="group">
<label for="textfieldid">Label for your field</label>
<input type="text" class="aui text" id="textfieldid" $/>
</fieldset>
</form>

With any additional fields you need. Note these fields will not be associated with any db information. You must populate with initial value yourself if that's the case. And as specified, the action to take when you submit the form (using an input type button ) will all have to be coded.

תהילה יששכר January 31, 2021

Cool!! TNX! that what I looked for
But what should I do to have the design?, cause it looks styleless

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2021

You may have to include some styles of your own.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events