Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for Script Listener Events

Vivian Escalante July 28, 2020

Is there any documentation of what actions trigger each "event"? Specifically "Version Updated". 

I want to confirm what exactly triggers the event. Thanks!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Most events are documented by Atlassian in their Jira Class API

VersionUpdatedEvent:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.0-OD-05-030/com/atlassian/jira/event/project/VersionUpdatedEvent.html

Vivian Escalante July 28, 2020

Yep, but my question asks for documentation which states the actions that trigger the events, specifically Version Updated. The others seem obvious what triggers it, but for example, does updating either the name, description, start/release dates all fall under Version Update? How about the isArchived and isReleased attributes? Are those triggered with Version Update or Version Released/Unreleased and Version Archived/Unarchived OR Both? Haha. 

Thanks for responding though!

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Well the best way to know is to try, 

I ran a quick test on Jira 8.10 and the event VersionUpdatedEvent is triggered when:

• Name updated
  • Start date updated
  • Release date updated
  • Description updated
  • isArchived updated
  • isReleased updated

It only doesnt trigger when new version is created

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events