Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying a field based on another field selection

Drishti Maharaj March 18, 2021

Hi,

I am hoping to implement the following, if possible.

Custom Fields to be created:

A - Test
a.1. E
a.2. R
a,3. T

B - Test 1
b.1. J
b.2. K
b.3. L

C- Test 2
c.1. I
c.2. O
c.3. P

Only A & B are compulsory when creating a ticket
But when a.1 and b.3. is selected then A, B and C are compulsory

Not too sure how this would be implemented but I suspect a specific code for this, but that is a bit beyond my capability.

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi there

Taking you at your word that you want field C to be required when a.1 is selected and at the same time b.3 is selected, you could try a script like this:

def fieldA = getFieldByName('A - Test') //this is the label for the field A
def fieldB = getFieldByName('B - Test 1')
def fieldC = getFieldByName('C - Test 2')

def fieldAValuesThatTriggerFieldCRequired = ['a.1. E'] //this has to be the label of the option
def fieldBValuesThatTriggerFieldCRequired = [ 'b.3. L'] //you could add additionoal values here in coma separated list
def valueA = fieldA.value
def valueB = fieldB.value

def fieldCIsRequired = valueA in fieldAValuesThatTriggerFieldCRequired && valueB in fieldBValuesThatTriggerFieldCRequired
fieldC.setRequired(fieldCIsRequired)

You would put this code in the behaviours section of script runner. Create a new configuration that maps to your project. Then edit the behaviour configuration and add field A and Field b.

For each of those 2 fields, add a server-side script and put the script above in each of those server-side scripts. These server-side scripts run each time values change in each of those fields so that the fieldC can be re-evaluated each time.

To make fieds A and B required, you can do it with the behaviour toggles on each field. Or you can make this globally required in your project's field configurations.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events