cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Cascading Select List child options

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi Community,

Is there a way to bulk delete child options from a cascading select list via groovy/scriptrunner ? For example, I have Cascading Select List field with Parent Option as Priority and Child Options as Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4, Level5

Now I want to delete child options Level4 and Level5, keeping Priority parent option intact. This is just a small example, we have hundreds of options that we are looking to bulk delete or disable will also do.

Any suggestions /example will be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrea Pannitti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

Hi @Kishan Sharma,

you can do this running from the ScriptRunner Console the following code:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def cfCascadingField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Priority").first()
def contextCascadingField = cfCascadingField.configurationSchemes.listIterator().next().oneAndOnlyConfig
def optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.optionsManager
def options = optionsManager.getOptions(cfCascadingField.configurationSchemes.listIterator().next().oneAndOnlyConfig)

def optionsToDeleteList = ["Level4", "Level5"]

options.each {
    it.childOptions.findAll { optionsToDeleteList.contains(it.value) }.each { option ->
        optionsManager.deleteOptionAndChildren(option)
    }
}
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Awesome, that worked like a charm @Andrea Pannitti thank you so much, appreciate your help 👍😊

Irfan Azeez March 7, 2023

How do I disable certain options instead of deleting them?

Irfan Azeez March 7, 2023

This does not seem to be working to disable option instead of deleting them:

optionsManager.disableOption(option)

I can still see the option available for selection even though it has been disabled.

I am still searching for a solution to subset (show/hide based on specific conditions) the child options in a cascade select list.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events