Deleting shadow users with ScriptRunner

Joshua DeClerck October 25, 2018

tl;dr: I want to delete shadow users in the Jira 'internal' directory that are currently authenticating against an external directory.

Past threads that come close to this request talk about database operations a lot, and they're many years old. I know the two ways to do this are both pretty gross, like:

1) Disable or rename users in the primary directory to expose the old internal users again, and delete them, or

2) Delete from the database, being sure to hit cwd_users and cwd_memberships.

But what about with ScriptRunner? Most of the interfaces are obsessively focused on ApplicationUsers, which isn't helpful (doesn't return shadow users). I can get to a directory-level user via the embedded Crowd interface, but none of those interfaces seem to have user deletion methods.

Is ScriptRunner a dead end or am I missing something? Is a database operation still the only way to do this?

=======

Situation (and why I'm not just "ignore them, they aren't hurting anything") -- we're ditching Crowd and migrating back to Jira internal users. Since we originally migrated from Jira internal to Crowd, many present day users still exist, but with severely outdated info. Rather than reactive and figure those out, it seems simpler to nuke the old internal accounts and copy their up-to-date equivalents over fresh.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events