Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field value hide/show on the baisis of value selection from other field in jira cloud

sujata birajdar September 23, 2021

i Have jira cloud installed at my end . i have a requirement where i have two select list custom field "Initiative Type" and "Non-financial initiative type" , so on the basis of value selected in Initiative type, the field non-financial initiative type shouldhide or show it values. we have scriptrunner installed on JIRA cloud, but we dont know how to configure this as behaviour is not part of scriptrunner on jira cloud.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2021

Hello @sujata birajdar 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to make a field required based on other custom field values as we do not have the Behaviour feature in the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud. However, this is something we are considering at the moment, as shown on the ticket In our public backlog located here.

At the moment, I can confirm that the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms like the server version can with the Behaviors feature due to the restricted functionality and API’s which Atlassian provide inside Jira Cloud as Atlassian only provides a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

I hope this explains your enquiry.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Kate

0 votes
naim.yilmaz September 28, 2021

Hello,
I activated it with the Behaviors feature of the Adaptavist Scriptrunner application. 

def MergeNeedField = getFieldById("customfield_16896")
def MergeNeedDetailField = getFieldById("customfield_16890")

def selectedOption = MergeNeedField.getValue() as String
log.debug "Selected option: $selectedOption"

if (selectedOption == "Yes") {
MergeNeedDetailField.setHidden(false)
}
else {
MergeNeedDetailField.setHidden(true)
}

0 votes
naim.yilmaz September 23, 2021

Hello @sujata birajdar 

Did you solve this problem? I need a similar structure. 

when I select the Value "Yes" from "Merge Need" field (single select), "Merge Need Detail (Multiple select field) should be see.

when I select the Value "No" from "Merge Need" field (single select), "Merge Need Detail (Multiple select field) should not be see.

image.png

sujata birajdar September 27, 2021

No, I believe in JIRA cloud this functionality is not available .

Still waiting for someone to confirm or provide a solution from Atlassian Community.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events