Custom field options bypassing behaviour script

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

I've created a behaviour script that dynamically filters out certain options in a custom field based on what was selected in a filter field. The filtering is based on complete replacement of the set of options rather than removing each not applicable option one by one. It was working fine.

I've added some new options recently, and those options aren't being seen by the behaviour script. There are 3 scenarios in which this is apparent, each based on what value in the filter field is selected. In all 3, the log file shows that the script sees the initial unfiltered option set correctly, with the new and old options.

Sample option list: a, b, c, new; Where "new" is my newly added option.

Possible filter field values: a, b, c, new, test.

1. select "a" in filter field. option list filters into: a, new. The logs say that only "a" matches the filter, yet the "new" option is appended nonetheless.

2. select "new" in filter field. option list filters into: new. when filtering is done, the log says that there are no options that match the filter, yet "new" is in it somehow.

3. select "test" in filter field, which doesn't correspond to any options in the option list. option list filters into: new. when filtering is done, the log says that there are no options that match the filter, yet "new" is in it somehow.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I should note that I've initially imported a bunch of values using the "Bulk import custom field values" built-in script. After that I've added more values (tried manually and through the script) and this behaviour began occuring.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2019

I’ve identified the problem cause. For an unknown reason, likely due to some oversight in the code of the ScriptRunner plugin or JIRA, select list options for a field cannot contain more than 1 set of brackets. If any option in the list does, any scripts that attempt to manipulate that option list will not have any effect. Example culprit option: test (test (test)).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events