Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom Endpoint to Jira wierd issue 403 error

Dear all,

I have define a custom endpoint in script runner to be called from an external application

The custom enpoint is defined as below :

UpdateStatus2(httpMethod: "POST",groups:["sg-app-rlx-atlassian-adm"]) { MultivaluedMap queryParams, String body ->

CommentManager commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
JsonSlurper jsonSlurper = new JsonSlurper()

String JobStatusValue = jsonSlurper.parseText(body).JobStatus
//String JobIdValue=jsonSlurper.parseText(body).JobId
//String RunBookNameValue=jsonSlurper.parseText(body).RunBookName

def jqlQueryParser = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JqlQueryParser)
def searchService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchService)

// edit this query to suit
//def query = jqlQueryParser.parseQuery("project = 'Technical Service Desk' AND issuetype = 'Flush AEM Internal Cache' AND 'Azure Automation Job Id' ~ " + JobIdValue)
def query = jqlQueryParser.parseQuery("project = 'Technical Service Desk' AND issuetype = 'Flush AEM Internal Cache' AND status='In Progress'")
def search = searchService.search(user, query, PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())

//search.results.each { documentIssue ->
//log.debug(documentIssue.key)
Issue issue =issueManager.getIssueObject(search.results.first().key)
// Issue issue =issueManager.getIssueObject(documentIssue.key)
commentManager.create(issue, issue.getAssignee(), "Job status has change to $JobStatusValue",true)
//}

return Response.ok().build()
}

What is happening is that if hit the endpoint from PostMan by using corresponding user/passw for Basic Auth on the request, then it is working fine without trouble.

When I ask my customer to hit the same Enpoint using same user/password for Basic Authentication, then he receive a 403 error

Any idea what is  wrong and why external user cannot hit the endpoint using postman without error?

regards

1 answer

Hi @serge calderara , it must be wrong request sent by your customer. I would check his request and compare it with your request. Can you share your postman and your customer's postmand screenshots?

hello @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , I have configure myself the postman request at customer site remotely so I am 100% sure it is the same.

The only difference between is the network infrastructure only 

I am not networking expert but maybe some network device in a chain is changing headers in outcomming http request? Can you check with them?

And did yo use postman or dofferent client at customer site?

we solve it, it was due to cookies

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

310 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you