Creating issue links using Clone issue and links post function, in creation transition (JIRA 6.1.2)

Guillaume Robert April 21, 2017

Hello,

Here is my scenario:

When creating an issue A, I use the "Clone an issue and links" post function on the creation transition.
This creates a clone issue, issue B, on which I make some operations through "Additional issue actions":
- Update issue B summary, issue B fixverions
- Set issue B specific custom field to a specific value
- Create links between issue B and other issues

With the script below, all the actions related to fields are working, but not the links creation.
Important thing is that the same code works in other context (basic transition for example), and that I get the summary of my issue updated with the relevant Ids of the issues I want to link issue B to:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager()
def authenticationContext = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext()

issue.summary = '[DASHBOARD] ' + sourceIssue.key + ' - ' + issue.summary
issue.fixVersions = new HashSet<String>()

def cfm = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
// customfield_27012 = LPT - Niveau de test
def cf_LPT_NiveauTest = cfm.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_27012")
def om = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager()
def cfConfig = cf_LPT_NiveauTest.getRelevantConfig(issue)
def option_DashBoardEvol = om.getOptions(cfConfig).getOptionForValue("DashBoard - Evol", null)
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf_LPT_NiveauTest, option_DashBoardEvol ) 

//used for debug
issue.summary = "idLPTTdb=" + sourceIssue.getKey() + " " + issue.summary

issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(sourceIssue.getId()).each {
  lpttdblink ->
	if (lpttdblink.getIssueLinkType().getName().contains('Traitement BSL')) {
		def idBSL = lpttdblink.getSourceObject()

//used for debug
		issue.summary = "idBSL=" + idBSL.getKey() + " " + issue.summary

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(), idBSL.getId(), new Long(12000), null, authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser())

idBSL.getSubTaskObjects().each {
			if ((it.getIssueTypeObject().getName().contains("[BSL] Evolution")) && (it.getSummary().contains("[LPI]"))) {

//used for debug		
				issue.summary = "stBSL=" + it.getKey() + " " + issue.summary

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(), it.getId(), new Long(12000), null, authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser())
			}	
		}
	}
}

Can anyone help me on this?
Many thanks,

Best regards.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2017

So, issue linking operations need to be put in the doAfterCreate closure, as described in the docs. So

doAfterCreate = {
    issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(sourceIssue.getId()).each {
        lpttdblink ->
            if (lpttdblink.getIssueLinkType().getName().contains('Traitement BSL')) {
                def idBSL = lpttdblink.getSourceObject()

//used for debug
                issue.summary = "idBSL=" + idBSL.getKey() + " " + issue.summary

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(), idBSL.getId(), new Long(12000), null, authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser())

idBSL.getSubTaskObjects().each {
                    if ((it.getIssueTypeObject().getName().contains("[BSL] Evolution")) && (it.getSummary().contains("[LPI]"))) {

//used for debug  
                        issue.summary = "stBSL=" + it.getKey() + " " + issue.summary

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(), it.getId(), new Long(12000), null, authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser())
                    }
                }
            }
    }
}

should do it.

Qi Jiang October 13, 2017

@Jonny Carter  Is there anyway I can link issue A with issue B here?

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

I'm a bit confused. Linking the cloned issue with its original is exactly what the Clone Issue and Link post function already does. Am I misunderstanding which issues are A & B or something??

@Jonny Carter When creating an issue A, with  Clone Issue and Link post function, it will generate a clone issue, issue B. But A and B are not linked.

From the online doc I think what that mean is if A is set link to C, then new created clone issue B will also not link to C. But in my case, I want A link to its clone B. Anyway I can do that? If I am wrong could you show me how to link A & B?

@Jonny Carter How to get Issue A id and issue B's id, I did try use 

sourceIssue.getKey(),sourceIssue.key

but they all return null 

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2017

@QQQ - You should be able to specify a link type and direction. From those docs:

Specify also the link type and direction…​ this will normally be Clones, but doesn’t have to be.

As for getting the issue keys in the additional code, sourceIssue.key should work, but it may not work unless you put it inside a doAfterCreate closure. See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_after_create_actions. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events