Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create Custom Listener to Know if a story is updated

H..I am using Script Runner and I need to create a custom listener to know if a story issue is updated and if yes, I need to check if the description field (which is not a custom field ) is updated. I tried finding a solution but I am stuck since most of the solutions indicate in how to update a custom field..where as I dont want to update anything here and just want to know if a field is updated by someone..

also, I am confused if I have to use 

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue 

or 

import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEventListener 

class 

def issue = event.issue as Issue

Please suggest a solution if possible.

1 answer

You can get what was changed with the following code:

int i =0

while (i < changeItems?.size()) {
 log.error(changeItems.getAt(i).get("field"))
 i++;
}

Hi @Alexey Matveev _Appfire_. Thanks for resp. So if I have to check for a single field.i.e description field..which is not a custom field...can I write it as 

log.error(changeItems.get("Description")

?

Also..how to check if a particular issue (story) is updated? Any leads on it?

No, you can not write like this. 

changeItems.getAt(i).get("field") returns the name of the field. You can log the changeItems varable and have a look at its structure.

You should define your listener for the Update Issue event.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Online AMA this week: Your project management questions answered by Jira Design Lead James Rotanson

We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...

190 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian Community Events