Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud Style Macro Appears To Be Broken

Nick September 13, 2017

I setup a style macro on a table of contents macro which works perflectly both in Preview mode and PDF export. Unfortunately when I Publish it the styles seem to have no effect. Below is a screenshot of my simple styling.

image.png

I believe this is a bug, possibly caused by Confluence's new design but not sure how to get this reported and taken care of if so. Please help!

P.S. Had to re-post and re-edit this several times because every publish lost my work :/

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Nicholas,

Can you show us what the formatting looks like when it's not working? Please also let me know an example page in your Cloud instance that I can have a look at to see what might be going wrong.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Nick September 15, 2017

Thanks for the response Shannon,

You can see the sample page, and here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.24.43 AM.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Nicolas - Shannon is off shift now but I have been investigating this issue in her absence.

On my Confluence Cloud test instance, I restored the storage format from the sample page you linked. I found the same behavior you are reporting. If I preview the page the style is applied to the TOC macro but when I publish, the headings are all the same weight, just as in your screen shots.

I noticed that the TOC was in a div macro so I tried it outside that macro and got the same result. 

Although the div and style macros are there by default in Confluence Cloud, they are actually provided by a third party plugin, as mentioned in Macros:

Adaptavist Content Formatting macros

...This free add-on is enabled by default in your site, and includes the wiki markup based {style}, {div}, {table} and other macros that you might see in the macro browser.

I am going to move your question to Adaptavist's collection on the Community forum, to get the attention of the Adaptavist team.

I will be watching this thread as I am curious why the formatting is lost when the page is published.

Preview:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.29.35 PM.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2017

Published:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.29.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 5.29.57 PM.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2017

Oh boy - I am having an issue with the editor. It has been reported internally.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events