Changing filter owner with groovy

Vivian Escalante May 3, 2018

Hello all, 

I am trying to change the owner of a filter, but I'm not being successful. Any idea why? Any validations that I need to do? Omitted all the imports for clarity. 

def decomUser= userManager.getUserByName("vescalante")
def targetUser = userManager.getUserByName("gcheung")
def loggedInUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

// Reassign all filters
SearchRequestService searchRequestService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchRequestService.class)
def contextImpl = new JiraServiceContextImpl(decomUser)

Collection<SearchRequest> searchRequests = searchRequestService.getOwnedFilters(decomUser)

if(searchRequests.size() > 0) {
searchRequests.each { s ->
s.setOwner(targetUser)
searchRequestService.updateFilter(contextImpl, s)
}
} else {
commentText << "\n\n (/) User *_${decomUser.getName()}_* doesn't own any filters, no reassignment required."
}
log.warn(commentText)

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vivian Escalante May 15, 2018

Got it. I had to validate the change. 

searchRequestService.validateFilterForChangeOwner(jiraServiceContextImpl, s)
if (jiraServiceContextImpl.errorCollection.hasAnyErrors()){
        log.error(iraServiceContextImpl.getErrorCollection())
}
else{
       s.setOwner(targetUser)
       searchRequestService.updateFilterOwner(jiraServiceContextImpl, loggedInUser, s)
}

Maitrey Patel March 2, 2021

Hi Vivian,

Can you please share the full script again?

Thanks in advanced,
Maitrey

2 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

Hey @Vivian Escalante

What version of ScriptRunner do you have? I believe you can do this with the built-in scripts Change dashboard or filter ownership. To get to the built-in scripts area you'll need to go to Add-ons > ScriptRunner > Built-in Scripts. Hope this helps! 

See below images. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 3.21.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 3.22.03 PM.png

Vivian Escalante May 8, 2018

I'm trying to do this through a groovy script, but thank you. I'm aware this exists. I was able to figure it out! 

Joshua DeClerck October 26, 2018

Just to throw out why the built-in script approach didn't work for me: it uses a user lookup for the From user field. If this was a free text box, it'd be better, but because it looks up usernames and only accepts a "valid" user, the built-in script is pretty useless when working with deactivated/deleted accounts.

Like # people like this
Ole Markus Pedersen January 9, 2020

Hi @Vivian Escalante , did you get this to work with private filters? I get it to work if I share it before running the script but when its private I get this:

The filter is not shared with anyone. You cannot change the owner of private filters.

I know this is a old thread but I have been looking around and this was so close to what I need that I give it a go.

br Ole

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events