Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a bundled field value be accessed in a Behaviour script before the issue is created?

Mick Lovell August 22, 2019

Hello,

I have a custom field that I would like to update depending on what value is entered for an Extension for Jira Service Desk's bundled custom field. When I access the value of a bundled field from a groovy script in a workflow post function I use something like:

Integer row = 0
for(row = 0; row < 10; row++){

def finalTravelExpenses = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Final expense 2")

String finalExpenseValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(finalTravelExpenses)

if(finalTravelExpenses != null){

Object jsonValue = new JsonSlurper().parseText(finalExpenseValue)
List fields = getFieldsForRow(row, (Map) jsonValue)
Map expensePaidToOther = getFieldByName("Amount Paid to Other", fields)
def expensePaidToOtherValue = getFieldValue(expensePaidToOther)
}
}

def String getOptionValue(Map field) {
List<Map> options = (List<Map>) field.options
Map option = options.find { it.id == field.value }
return option ? option.name : null
}

def Map getFieldByName(fieldName, List<Map> fields) {
return fields.find { it.name == fieldName }
}

def List getFieldsForRow(row, Map json) {
List fields = null
int i = 0
json.each { k, v ->
if (i == row) {
fields = ((Map) v).get("fields")
}
i++
}
return fields
}

What I was wondering is, is if I want to get this field's value in the customer portal using groovy script and a tool like ScriptRunner's Behaviours, is it possible to obtain, or is it only available to access after the issue is created.

Thank you

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

I've entered a ticket with Deviniti support on this topic, I believe it is something they are working towards.

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi, do you have any news on this?

Like Steven Mustari likes this
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

Here is the response I got from Deviniti support.

"Please be informed that due to the numerous other urgent tasks we have planned for the current months, the ETA for the new feature you requested (to support setHidden and setRequired methods),
I can provide you at the moment is the end of Q3 2021.
I wish I could provide you with a better answer, nevertheless, I hope you will understand our position.
"

So hopefully soon or it at least looks like they are recognizing the need for this.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Future Wei March 24, 2021

I meet same problem, seems no answer or solution yet

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events