Can I use Jql as a condition for Behaviours?

Jae Hoon Koon _Jae Hoon Lim_ March 6, 2020

I would like to use Jql as a condition for Behaviours.
Is it possible?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Jae Hoon Koon _Jae Hoon Lim_,

Welcome to the community!

I will start by admitting that I'm by no means an expert when it comes to behaviours, however in an effort to try and find you an answer to this question, I dug into Adaptavist's documentation and found this:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/scripted-conditions.html

It appears that you can write groovy script as your condition which in theory should allow you to write the same contents of what would be a JQL query.

I'm not sure if this will work for your particular use case, but it might be worth taking a look.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

1 vote
scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Could you be a little more specific in what you mean by 8sing JQL in Behaviours?  You can apply conditions based on fields similar to JQL.

Could you provide a use case of what you are trying to do?

Jagruti Mhetre July 17, 2020

Hi , 

Even I have the same concern where I am using Time to SLA for Jira  Plugin and ScriptRunner Plugin. 

Suppose I have SLA set - In Progress -> Review  ( SLA will start In Progress status and 

will be met in Review status )

My use case is I want comment to  be mandatory if SLA is breached for transitioning In Progress to Review  , so can we use scriptrunner behaviour feature ( applying jql condition ) 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2020

Hello @Jagruti Mhetre 

I do not know much about using JQL in Behaviours but you can use slaFunction = isBreached() to achieve that.

More info here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events