cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk import custom field values via PHP cURL

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

I'm trying to json_encode the following PHP array while following the bulk import custom field values example.

$values = 'AAA\nBBB\nCCC';
$data = array(
'FIELD_FCS' => $contextId,
'FIELD_IMPORT_VALUES' => $values,
'canned-script' => 'com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.admin.BulkImportCustomFieldValues'
);
$data = 'scriptParams='.json_encode($data, JSON_HEX_AMP | JSON_HEX_APOS); //the options will be useful when I use real values

The $values is formatted to have each value delimited by a slash. This format is required to use the API. When I try to json_encode the $data array and send it to the API, it simply adds 1 dropdown option of AAA\nBBB\nCCC, instead of creating 3 separate options.

I'm not sure how to force it to create 3 values instead of just 1. I tried increasing and decreasing the number of slashes, but to no avail.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Nvm, I just realized that those are newline characters, not slashes, that delimit the values. But I did have to strip one of the slashes from the json_encoded result to make it work.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events