cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviours

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

Behaviours don't work properly.
For example I've custom field Definition of Done-Development and it has option Code Review

Definition of done.PNG

and I add condition for this cf using behaviours so except Lead Developer no one can select this option(Code Review) but problem is all developers can check this option(on edit screen).
What is the problem here ?
Lead Developer.PNG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Jamil Rahimov , 

So the field should be read-only by all except users in the project role "Lead developer", right? 
And you mention it doesn't work on the edit screen. 
Your configuration looks okay, are you sure the mapping to project/issue type is correct? 

I have also encountered some problems with checkboxes still being editable on the view screen, even though you cannot edit it on the edit screen. There are a lot of mentions of this problem online. 
To counter this problem, I would propose deleting the field from the edit screen, and then add an all-to-all transition limited to the "Lead developer" project role to the workflow, with your Definition of Done field on the transition screen. 

I think there should be a more robust solution for field-level edit permissions, but I guess that's the best you can do at this point in time. 

Hope this helps, 

let me know If you have any more questions! 

• Tessa
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events