Behaviours won't update custom field from plugin

Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2021

I have a custom field using this plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211608/color-custom-fields

The structure of the field value is:

'customfield_15000' => {
'id' => '19106',
'self' => 'https://BLAH.com/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/19106',
'value' => 'Yellow'
},

When I try to update the field value using Behaviours, the field is set to null. Example:

def rp = getFieldByName("Risk Profile")
def rv = rp.getFormValue()
rp.setFormValue("Yellow");

I have also tried with:

rp.setFormValue("19106");

and

rp.setFormValue(19106);

In all cases, Risk Profile is set to null. In fact, just clicking the tab on which the Risk Profile form field sits sets it to blank, even without changing the field that should trigger the update of Risk Profile.

Is there a better way to set a form field or a value when the form field is non-standard?

Alternately, is there such a thing as an Edit post-function where I could set the value more programmatically?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Mallon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

Turns out I wasn't setting the field to the correct set of values. Once I figured that out, Behaviours worked as expected.

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

I would recommend you find a different way to achieve your requirement. That add-on's documentation and support pages don't appear to be available anymore (dead links).

This doesn't bode well for the likelihood of the developer creating new versions if/when a new version of Jira breaks the compatibility.

How to set values programmatically for that custom field would depend on the app having some API that are available to Scriptrunner and documented (hence why I was looking for documentation pages).

For the value to be "settable" in behaviour would depend on how the custom field is implemented and could require Adaptavist/Scriptrunner to be enhanced to support that custom field type. And that's not likely to happen on an app that appears dead and unsupported.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events